Tuesday, January 27, 2009

MCUG and horrid stuff

Last week Doctor told us to get MCUG test since she was detected with some urinal infection. When he explained to us about the test, I seriously thought that it was a bit too invasive. I mean there should be some other ways to test the reflux after all.

So we decided to take second opinion. The other doctor kind of reassured us that that is the only way to make sure that there is no problem. She also told us that whoever in detected with this kind of infection, has to do this test.

So there was no go. We decided to get it done.

Poor thing!!! She cried her heart out on the table. She any way doesn't enjoy her doctor trips at all. I couldn't do much, other than trying to console her. But I was told be at her head side and she could not see my face, which made her more frustrated. It took about 20 minutes to complete the test but it felt like forever to me. By then she had become red with all that crying.

Luckily, she was not detected with reflux or any other problems.

I was so much suspecting that the infection might have caused due to diapers (although I am using diapers only in nights since past 2 months). But doctor said that it's not due to diapers. About 3% babies catch the infection due to unknown reasons, and only 1/3rd of them are detected with reflux.

Thankfully, she belongs to that other 2/3rd part.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Am glad she didn't have any Problem. I say so because my own nephew is about to get this test done and I stumbled upon this blog-post because I was trying to figure out how this MCUG procedure works! Thank You!